Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Highly Sought After: Canon 50D








It's now a new year, and one that finally comes along with a new camera. For months and months I have been walking across the street from the dorms to the conveniently located torturing device that is B&H. I've stared at, tried it out, and asked questions about this camera with the hopes that someday it would be mine. That day has come, and I have never been so excited to start a new school semester. This upcoming spring will essentially be my first real foray into the field of Photography. Though I am going to be sticking with my Fine Arts Degree at FIT, I am still trying to find a way to do both. I will be taking an Intro to Photo class for my major, and a Beginning Digital Photo class along with it. Fine arts has been there throughout high school and now college, but I have always known that what I really wanted to do was, and is, Photography. Since obtaining my first camera in tenth grade I have been taking pictures non-stop. I have never formally taken a class so everything I have done has been a product of my natural artistic instincts and eye for composition. I am really looking forward to learning about Photography and how to better my skills. So far I have been able to do things with Photography that still amaze me when I think about them. I got to be in a Got Milk? Ad in Rolling Stone Magazine when I was 18 just because of one picture that I took. Just last Summer I got to sell my photographs in a gallery on Fire Island for the season, and in October I took a couples wedding photography in Jamaica. It seems that I can only go up from here, and I want to be the best at what I do. So all that being said I'm starting this blog so that I can talk about and show some of my Photography from now on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment