Monday, February 8, 2010

Dabbling

My new model/muse/roommate, Lisa.

portrait from my Digital class


Portraits from my Painting Class

Self Portrait

Taking pictures of people has never been my thing. I've never really enjoyed it at all until recently when I was forced to try it out a little more. For my Figurative Painting II class we are painting from pictures and I started taking my own with some harsh lighting. I ended up liking the above cropped shot of my face more than the rest. I love the composition and how the light has completely washed out my facial features except for my eye. While taking these pictures I was sitting next to my classmate SoHee and decided I would much rather photograph her. We were sitting by a large mirror which inspired me to take these reflection shots. Last night I took some pictures of my roommate Lisa and her friend Ryan. I was just taking them for fun but ended up with some shots I really love, like the first one of Lisa. Also...my first project in Intro to Digital was to take portraits of a classmate and I really like the one above. I've started to warm up to the idea of taking portraits...although they still aren't my subject matter of choice. It probably helps to have models I am comfortable with. So we'll see how this portrait thing goes from now on...I know I will be doing a lot more in my Photo classes this semester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment